Understanding Our Purpose.
The mission of the Tuscaloosa City Schools is to create and support a culture of high expectations for each and every student to achieve personal, academic and career excellence.
The vision of the Tuscaloosa City Schools is to be a premier, innovative school system where each and every student graduates and is fully prepared for life and career success.
- We believe it is critical to maintain a climate of two-way communication and trust with stakeholders.
- We believe we must foster a systemwide culture of innovation.
- We believe we must maintain an inclusive environment and high expectations.
- We believe every student should thrive in our system.
- We believe we must continually improve academic achievement and enrichment through quality instruction for all students.
- We believe every Tuscaloosa City Schools employee is an asset in ensuring the success of every student.
- We believe we must hold ourselves accountable for the success of the Tuscaloosa City Schools and its students.