Northridge Media Center
The mission of the Northridge High School Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- providing instruction in information literacy
- providing intellectual and physical access to informational resources in a variety of formats and media
- stimulating interest in reading and in researching and using information and ideas
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to enhance teaching
- supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
Hey Everyone! There are 3 ways you can read a book without even going to the library!
- Go on to Destiny Discover in your Classlink. Type in a book title or search by keyword or search. Find the book you want and click on the HOLD button. I will download holds twice a week and deliver them to you during Zero or 1st period within 48 hours.
- Go to Destiny Discover and check out an ebook or audiobook. You can do this anytime! The ebook or audiobook will download to your device.
- In Classlink you will also have an icon for SORA! In SORA you may check out ebooks and audiobooks also. It includes books from every library in the TCS system plus books from the Tuscaloosa Public Library. The great thing about SORA is that you can download the app to your phone and then your book choices are very portable.
Click for more information on how to check out books: Checking Out a Book When the Library is Closed
Check It Out and Keep Reading!!!
Hours: 8:15 am - 4:00 pm
205-759-3590, ext. 3434
2901 Northridge Road
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406