Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools
Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools – Elementary (TMSE) and Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools – Middle (TMSM), the primary instructional approach is developed within the scope of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP, grades 1-5) and the Middle Years Programme (MYP, grades 6-8).
Among the significant factors making the Magnet Schools a unique experience are the following:
- Project-based, collaborative learning with ongoing assessment and technology immersion
- Integrated foreign language and fine arts instruction, year-round
- Service learning attached to action goals
- School-wide enrichment model
- Internationally-minded approaches to teaching and learning