Enrollment Guidelines: Students Must Reside Within Tuscaloosa City School Zones
- School Overview
The Alberta School of Performing Arts is a K – 8 school with a curriculum focused on exposure and specialized instruction in dance, theatre, music and the visual arts. Grades K – 3 are populated by students living in the Alberta school zone only. Grades 4 – 5 are populated first with Alberta-zoned students and remaining seats are available to students across the Tuscaloosa City School (TCS) zones through application and audition. Grades 6 – 8 will provide in-depth and specialized instruction in dance, music, theatre and visual arts. As such, these grades are open to enrollment for all TCS students only through audition. Students of incoming grades 6, 7, and 8 living within the Alberta K – 5 school zone will attend Eastwood Middle School unless accepted to Alberta through audition.
- Admission Policy
Students residing in any Tuscaloosa City School zone are eligible to apply for enrollment at The Alberta School of Performing Arts in grades 4 through 8. See eligibility, application and selection process below.
- Student Eligibility
- Incoming K – 5 students already zoned for Alberta through established attendance zones need not apply other than through regular enrollment.
- Incoming 4th through 8th grade students living within all other Tuscaloosa City School zones are eligible to apply with:
2.1. An audition process in two of the fine arts disciplines of dance, music, theatre, or visual art.
2.2. Eligibility will be determined by such factors as artistic potential, skill, talent, interest, conduct and attendance.
- Home school or private school students who live in the zone of the Tuscaloosa City Schools but not currently attending a Tuscaloosa City School are eligible to apply under guideline 2 above; however, verification of residence must be provided at time of acceptance to the attendance office at the Tuscaloosa City Board of Education, including:
- Proof of residence within Tuscaloosa City Schools attendance zone
- Current report card
- Children in grades K - 5 of teachers currently employed at The Alberta School of Performing Arts will be allowed to enroll and attend the school according to board policy. 4.1. Children in grades 6 – 8 of teachers currently employed at The Alberta School of Performing Arts will be allowed to enroll and attend the school if they fulfill the requirements for student eligibility 2.1 and 2.2 above.
- School Overview