The Central High School Falcons Track & Field programs compete in Class 5A play. Both the boys and girls programs are some of the most successful athletic programs in The Falcon's Nest. The boys program boasts indoor track & field state championships for the years 1983, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, and 2000 as well as outdoor track & field state championships for the years 1983, 1995, 1996, and 1997. The girls program boasts outdoor track & field state championships for the years 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. In addition to this storied history of excellence, the track & field program regularly matches student athletes to scholarship opportunities which allow them them to continue competing and excelling at the collegiate level.
"To provide a track and field program that aids student-athletes in reaching their personal academic and athletic goals while supporting the overall mission of Central High School and Tuscaloosa City Schools."
If We Are Successful (Look Fors)
- We fully support our athletes with resources and programs
- We promote success in our sport
- Our business model showcases our sport in innovative and lucrative ways
- The public and media respect and are drawn to our sports
- Our student-athletes out perform the competition academically and athletically
- We have an environment that fosters success
Central High School Falcons Track & Field
Indoor Head Coach - Jerome Franks
Indoor Assistant Coach -
Outdoor Boys Coach - Michael Rivers
Outdoor Girls Coach - Tenesia Smith
See below for 2018-19 schedule