TCS Educator Ambassador Selection Process
At the heart of the Tuscaloosa City School System is dedicated teacher leaders. The TCS Educator Ambassadors are a group of teachers selected to serve as official ambassadors of The Tuscaloosa City Schools. These ambassadors are teachers which have demonstrated a strong interest in and commitment to the TCS vision, mission, and core beliefs. Our Ambassadors understand they are part of a larger group of teachers and seek to grow this community by assisting a various functions, actively sharing the system’s and schools’ successes, communicating the TCS Way, and ensuring an extra measure of hospitality to our employees, students, and visitors so each one feels they have participated in a truly exceptional experience.
In addition, TCS Educator Ambassadors also:
- Advocate for TCS as a school system positioned for developing into a world-class model of excellence.
- Collaborate with Central Support Team and School Leaders to advance district priorities.
- Empower and motivate colleagues and encourage prospective employees to join the TCS team.
Invitations to potential Educator Ambassadors are made in the spring based on their professional practice and enthusiasm for the profession as demonstrated through walkthroughs, better practice visits and their ability to serve as spokespersons on behalf of teachers in TCS.
- Creates a welcoming and inclusive introduction to TCS showcasing The TCS Way
- Creates a team culture that embraces continuous learning and feedback
- Supports system growth through recruitment and retention efforts
- Enhances a strong, consistent and supportive system culture
- Creates a collaborative environment for all stakeholders
- Must meet all licensure and certification requirements for teacher role in TCS
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience in the system
- Must participate in required training over the summer and attend quarterly meetings
- Must serve as an enthusiastic advocate for TCS and students
- Hosts and/or facilitates system and community events
- Demonstrates highly effective instructional practices
- Provides logistical support at system and community events
- Demonstrates values-driven and reflective leadership as a representative of the system
- Available to work some early mornings and evenings
- Ambassadors will receive a $1200 supplement, paid in two installments (end of fall semester and end of spring semester)
- Must fulfill the roles and responsibilities of the position
- Position open only to TCS teachers