Learning Beyond the Classroom
Field Trips create unique cultural and travel opportunities for our students. They also provide students with a deeper understanding of content taught within classes. Examples of trips taken by grade levels in years past are listed below, and are subject to change or omission. Contact grade level teachers for more information.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival--attending live productions in the theater in the round
- PAL: Project American Life
- Space Camp Pathfinder Program at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center
- New Orleans Tour -- WWII Museum, Insecterium, Audubon Zoo, Swamp Tour, Aquarium of the Americas, etc.
- Gulf Shores Marine Adventure
- Alabama Theater -- Birmingham, AL
- American Village -- Montevallo, AL
- Worlds of Work at Shelton State Community College
- Six Flags
- Boston Bound -- Freedom Trail, Duck Boat Tour, Lexington & Concord, Whale Watch, Harvard University, Fenway Park, etc.
All Grades (offered once every 3 years):
- Washington, DC & Philadelphia
- Lindsay Stirling concert in Atlanta, GA (2016)
- Two Cellos concert in Nashville, TN (2018)
- Disney Festival Music Competition