Beyond the Numbers
Given the 2018-2019 zone changes of our Strategic Plan, University Place Elementary School experienced quite a shift in our student population and enrollment. This shift increased enrollment over 150 students which included nine certified teachers. An expansion of this nature, required a huge focus on blending ideas to creating a collaborative and effective faculty & staff. It also required introducing our new students and families to our mission of Growing Tomorrow Leaders Today through Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and our STEAM philosophy and curriculum.
- Students experienced academic growth in both reading and math.
- ALL students participated in integrated STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) instruction through a project- based learning approach.
- UPES rebirthed a student council to promote leadership skills and community outreach to increase awareness in civic responsibilities both locally and globally
- Increase parental involvement through implementation of our Parent Teacher Leadership Academy (PTLA) project and Student Council (STUCo) sponsored events.
- Increase student achievement through utilization of community resources and partnerships to provide all stakeholders resources through projects such as “Literacy Night”, “Math Night” and “STEAM Night”.
- Increase student and parent accountability for attendance and discipline through the continued implementation of Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
2019 Report Card Grade