Beyond the Numbers
Northridge High School (NHS) earned an 89 on the most recent Alabama State Department of Education Report Card. The score of 89 reflects a two-point rise from the 2018-2019 report card. Although NHS two-point rise is a positive, we believe that we have a higher ceiling for success in our near and decent future.
- We are pleased that our graduate rate is above 90%.
- We are ecstatic that our students are growing in academic achievement by reaching a 100 grade on the Academic Growth section of the report.
- We are also elated that more of our students are coming to school as evidence of our Chronic Absenteeism rate lowered from 16.45% to 7.97%.
- We know that we must continue to work to have every student, regardless of his or her address, graduate from our high school.
- We must also continue to work to establish relationships with every one of our students so they feel connected to an adult in the building.
- Finally, we must increase our rigor in all of our classes pushing our students to reach deeper in their education to get the best out of each and every one of them.
2019 Report Card Grade