Learn more about our school
Central Elementary provides instruction to more than 350 pre-K through 5th grade students. In order to achieve our mission, we have adopted five key principles which guide our decisionmaking for students, staff and parents:
• We believe it is critical to maintain a 95% attendance rate.
• We believe in placing an emphasis on a high standard of character.
• We believe in encouraging our students, staff and parents to be leaders.
• We believe we must show a high level of discipline.
• We believe it is critical to focus on academic achievement with high-impact instruction
Focus on LiteracyCentral Elementary has made reading its top priority. Teachers use a laser focus and data to guide instruction. The district purchased $50,000 in new student-friendly books. CES is taking full advantage of the MyON Reading database purchased by the district. Club MyOn was created to give students an opportunity to read before and after school using school computers. We are making sure that every student is attending the 21st Century After School Program/ Triage to ensure that the early literacy skills are addressed.
The 3 R's
We are focusing on The 3 R's: Refuel, Refocus, and Revise. The last Friday in each month, the students will be awarded for high character, high attendance, and high achievements.
Strong PartnershipsCentral Elementary has created partnerships with The University of Alabama, First United Methodist Church, Stillman College and Community Readers to enhance the Champion Accelerated Model. The partnership includes readers and tutors. Please remember, 30 minutes of reading and math skills practice nightly will help towards our goal of 80% of our champions meeting or exceeding their grade level expectations!
Central Elementary partenered with Thomas Rib Shack, Tuscaloosa Police Department, as well as, the other schools in the Western Cluster to celebrate the 1st Annual Falcon Family Fun Day. The event was highlighted by WTUV and a local radio station.
Central Elementary School
1510 Dinah Washington Avenue
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- $500 WALMART GRANT AWARDED IN AUGUST 2021
- $10,000 AWARDED FOR BACKPACKS
- SCHOOLYARD ROOTS PARTNER SCHOOL
- $50,000 BOOK GRANT FOR THE LIBRARY
- 2017 CLAS BANNER AWARD OF DISTINCTION