School Starts August 8th!
Jag Camp/Schedule Pick Up--UPDATED:
We are getting closer to the opening of our brand new building and the beginning of the 18-19 school year. School personnel continues to prepare for Northridge Middle School to have a fantastic year. We continue to work closely with central office staff and project managers to schedule school opening events. The schedule is dictated by deliveries, assembling furniture, and completing the finishing touches of our new building. Safety for everyone continues to be the number one priority as we make our plans. Please see the following update concerning changes to schedule pickup as well as other events. We will continue to update you of any changes over the next 3-4 weeks.
- Jag Camp has been cancelled for July 27th.
- Schedule Pickup for everyone will be on August 6th. Location to be determined. Additional details to follow.
- Students with a last name beginning with A-G will pickup from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.-All grade levels
- Students with a last name beginning with H-O will pickup from 1:30 - 3:30. - All grade levels
- Students with a last name beginning with P-Z will pickup from 4:00 - 6:00. - All grade levels
- Anyone not able to pickup during the listed time may pick up from 6:00 - 7:00.
- Lockers will not be issued during schedule pickup. However, they will be issued on August 8th and 9th. It is recommended that students consider purchasing a mesh backpack as large backpacks will not fit well in the hall lockers.
- The PTSA and Booster Club will be available at Schedule Pickup.
- RQMS and NMS offices will be closed on July 25th, 26th, and 27th for transitioning. The NMS front office will re-open on July 30th for student registrations and withdrawals.
- 6th Grade Parent Meeting - July 30th from 5:30 - 6:30 in the RQMS Gym.
- 7th/8th Grade Parent Meeting - July 30th from 7:00 - 8:00 in the RQMS Gym.
- Saturday, August 4th - 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Parents will have the opportunity to tour the NMS building. Although classrooms will not be open, parents will be able to see into most of the rooms.
- We will host a modified version of Jag Camp on August 8th, the first day of school.
- Students should plan to bring school supplies for teachers on the first day of school.
- Please check with your doctors to verify Immunization Blue Cards are current. Students should bring updated cards to schedule pickup.
- Info Snap should be completed before schedule pickup.
- Transportation Routes are almost complete and will be released to the public soon.
- Questions concerning dresscode can be addressed using the 17-18 TCS Dress Code Policy found at https://www.tuscaloosacityschools.com/cms/lib/AL01801473/Centricity/Domain/46/Code%2017%20lb%206.pdf. The 18-19 version will be available soon.
Students' First Day: Wednesday, August 8th
Open House/PTSA Meeting: August 30th at 6PM