Strategic Support & Evaluation
The Strategic Planning and Evaluation office is responsible for leading the district’s strategic plan initiatives, evaluating the organization’s progress toward successful implementation, and determining the impact on student achievement and continuous improvement.
Future Leaders Instructional Academy (FILA)
Purpose of FILA: Tuscaloosa City Schools, in collaboration with the University of Alabama, will provide monthly, high-quality professional learning experiences to talented, aspiring instructional leaders in an effort to empower teacher leaders to become highly effective instructional leaders in TCSQualifications for interested teacher leaders:
For more information, contact Richjetta Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three years of full-time professional educational experience in a PK-12 setting with at least one year of full-time PK-12 classroom teaching experience
- Alabama Class B or Class A certification in a teaching field or instructional support area
- Eligible to become certified in instructional leadership from an accredited institution
Future Instructional Leaders Academy: The Pathway to Instructional Leadership
Interested candidates are expected to provide the reference link to their principal or immediate supervisor for completion and notify them of the due date.
Interested candidates will participate in the following selection process:
1. Attend district facilitated information session (encouraged but not required)
2. Submit an application including resume that highlights leadership experiences, reference from immediate supervisor, and professional video submission explaining why you are interested in joining FILA, what you hope to gain from the experience, your future leadership plans, and why you should be selected.
3. District team will review applications and video submissions
4. Team will select candidates (not to exceed 18 per cohort)
5. Candidates selected will be notified via email
Selection Process Timeline
February 26-March 10, 2020: Application portal opens Application Link:
Future Instructional Leader Application 2020 | Future Instructional Leader Academy Reference 2020
March 10, 2020 Application and reference due
March 30, 2020, TCS and UA team review applications
April 6, 2020 Applicants notified of acceptance into the program
Three years of full-time professional educational experience in a PK-12 setting with at least one year of full-time PK-12 classroom teaching experience
Alabama Class B or Class A certification in a teaching field or instructional support area
Eligible to become certified in instructional leadership from an accredited institution