Skip To Main Content

Child Find

If you or someone you know suspects a child may have developmental delays or other learning-related disabilities, please call Special Education at 205-342-0513

Who can make a referral? 

  1. Parents
  2. Developmental disabilities programs
  3. Outpatient clinics
  4. Well-baby clinics
  5. Prenatal/postnatal facilities
  6. Public Health facilities
  7. Hospital follow-up clinics
  8. Child day care centers
  9. Medicaid Programs
  10. Physicians
  11. Home child care programs
  12. Hospitals
  13. Pediatricians’ offices
  14. Head Start programs
  15. Social Services agencies
  16. Community health services
  17. Local education agencies
  18. Other health providers