HALT, Harassment Awareness Learning Together, is the district-wide program to combat bullying in the Tuscaloosa City Schools.
Definition of Bullying
- Intentional act of aggression that may be physical, verbal, emotional, sexual or electronic
- Committed over an extended period of time
- Characterized by repeated acts of aggression or having the potential for repetitiveness
- Characterized by a real or perceived imbalance of power
- Compounded by technology
- Refer to Anti-bully Policy 6.25 for complete bullying definition
Is Your Child Experiencing Bullying?
If your child is experiencing bullying, submit an online form or complete the age-appropriate bullying/harassment form and return it to your child's counselor.
Goals of HALT Initiative:
- Increase awareness of the topic of bullying in order to decrease cases of bullying
- Implement parent/community awareness training on the topic of bullying
- Avenues for reporting bullying at the local school-level and central office
- Work with HALT coordinators to implement comprehensive curriculum to address both the bully, victim, and empowering bystanders
- Professional development for all faculty and staff including the transportation department on the topic of bullying