Future Instructional Leaders Academy (FILA)
The Strategic Planning and Evaluation office is responsible for leading the district’s strategic plan initiatives, evaluating the organization’s progress toward successful implementation, and determining the impact on student achievement and continuous improvement.
Purpose of FILA: Tuscaloosa City Schools, in collaboration with the University of Alabama, will provide monthly, high-quality professional learning experiences to talented, aspiring instructional leaders in an effort to empower teacher leaders to become highly effective instructional leaders in TCS Qualifications for interested teacher leaders:
- 18-month course of study
- Monthly coaching and activities that reflect the essential functions and focus areas of leadership
- Mentoring and support from administrators
- Face to face and virtual professional learning sessions with the University of Alabama and TCS
- Shadowing with a high-performing assistant principal/principal
- Classroom Organization and Management Program (COMP) training and workshop leader certification (will be trainers)
- Planning and organizing New Teacher Orientation (primarily with COMP)
- Capstone Project (collaborative project) with cohort members
FILA Selection Process
- An interest meeting is conducted virtually before applications for FILA are submitted.
- TCS will notify all staff of the meeting via email.
- Interested candidates must apply via an application to be considered for the FILA cohort.
- A team will review applications and video submissions
- The team will select candidates (not to exceed 12 per cohort)
- All applicants will be notified of the selection process.
For more information, contact Deron Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or Beth Curtis at email@example.com.