Athletic Eligibility for Specialty Programs
The information below pertains to specialty programs and Home Rule with in the Tuscaloosa City Schools and concerns athletic eligibility for students in grades 7-12 attending:
- Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools-Middle
- The Alberta School of Performing Arts
- Central High School’s International Baccalaureate Programme
- Tuscaloosa Fine Arts Academy at Paul W. Bryant High Schools.
- My middle school student attends a TCS specialty program. Where may he or she participate in athletics?
- If my middle school student plays up for a high school team, what impacts will this have on eligibility at the middle school level?
- I am considering application for my child into a TCS high school specialty program. What happens to my middle school student’s eligibility after participating, or playing up, for a high school team for which they are zoned?
- I am considering having my middle school student return to the residential high school and discontinue participation in a TCS specialty program. How will this affect athletic eligibility at the high school level?
- What if my child is accepted and attends a specialty program, but decides this isn’t a good fit. What impact does this have an impact on athletic eligibility?
- We are interested in applying for a TCS high school specialty program. However, my child does not currently attend a TCS middle school specialty program. Will this impact athletic eligibility?
- My high school student is considering applying for a specialty program after entering high school. How will this affect athletic eligibility?