StampedeNation Supporters and Stakeholders:
Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year! Our commitment at Paul W. Bryant High School is to provide a safe and academically challenging environment. Our goal is to empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem-solvers and global learners who are prepared to thrive in global communities as job-ready citizens, college-bound students, or military enlisted with MCJROTC merits/accolades.
At Paul W. Bryant High, we strive to create a culture where our foundational values set high standards and expectations for each student in their daily character traits, academic performance, extracurricular participation, and community service. We want every student who enters our school to leave better prepared academically and with the skills needed to thrive in their personal life pathway plan. It is with pride that we set these high standards and ask each of our students to commit not only to academics and character, but to attaining a committed record of achievement and contribution to our school and community. We hold a belief that at the core of success is the contribution of our students, faculty and staff to our school community that will make Paul W. Bryant High School an exceptional learning environment.
StampedeTRANSFORMATION requires commitment within our school environment through a display of ownership and display of participation in the academic experience, involvement in extracurricular programs and wise/responsible choices as an individual.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of our #StampedeTRANSFORMATION process.
We believe that effective teachers…
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations.
- Implement Best Teaching Strategies that promote ownership of learning to students.
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning.
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, implement common formative assessments, and design assessments that promote college and career ready skills.
We believe that successful students…
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Demonstrate writing skills that show thorough comprehension, interpretation and evaluation.
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems.
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness.
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.
In conclusion, I wish you all an EPIC school year! If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open.
I am honored to serve as your Principal.
With Stampede Pride,