Learning beyond the classroom
Field Trips create unique cultural and travel opportunities for our students. They also provide students with a deeper understanding of content taught within classes. Examples of trips taken by grade levels in years past are listed below, and are subject to change or omission. All dates TBD.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival--attending live productions in the theater in the round
- PAL: Project American Life
- Space Camp Pathfinder Program at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center
- New Orleans Tour -- WWII Museum, Insecterium, Audubon Zoo, Swamp Tour, Aquarium of the Americas, etc.
- Gulf Shores Marine Adventure
- American Village -- Montevallo, AL
- Worlds of Work at Shelton State Community College
- Six Flags
- Boston Bound -- Freedom Trail, Duck Boat Tour, Lexington & Concord, Whale Watch, Harvard University, Fenway Park, etc.
All Grades (offered once every 3 years):
- Washington, DC & Philadelphia
- Lindsay Stirling concert in Atlanta, GA (2016)
- Two Cellos concert in Nashville, TN (2018)
- Disney Festival Music Competition