Ensuring the Safety of Students
Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools - Elementary
315 McFarland Blvd. East
School begins at 7:55 a.m. and ends at 2:40 p.m.
We are looking forward to an exciting year, and it will be good to see our students back on campus! As we prepare for the first day of school, I need your help. Please read the instructions and reminders for a successful school year:
1. You may enter the campus from Campus Drive or Julia Tutwiler Drive. Please be mindful of the arrows that are painted on the drive as they will help assist with traffic flow.
2. Car drop-off and car pick-up will be in front of the school ONLY. Teachers will direct you through the car line. Students may only get out of cars on the right side and step onto the sidewalk under the awning. Please do not load or unload except in the sidewalk and awning area.. In the afternoons, TMS-E students will be at the front of the walkway, followed by TMS-M students, and then Arcadia students. Parents need to have a sign with their child’s last name visible in the front window.
3. If you plan to walk your child to the front door, you will need to park your car in the parking lot and walk your student using the center crosswalk. All children must be assisted by an adult if walking from the parking area. Do not drop off your child in the parking lot or on the side of the buildings.
4. Bus zones will be at the Tuscaloosa Magnet School (TMS) side of the building (south side near University Church of Christ) for TMS students. Please do not enter the bus zones.
5. Doors will open each morning at 7:30 a.m. TMS students who are eating breakfast will go directly to the cafeteria and then to the gym. All other TMS students will go directly to the gym.
6. All parents and other visitors entering the building must sign in at the front desk and receive a visitor’s badge.
7. As we make the transition of moving cars safely through the parking lot, we ask for your patience as we direct cars from 2 schools through the front drive.
8. For the safety of your child, you may not call the school and change the way your child is riding home. You must send a note that morning with your child to give to your child’s teacher. Please do not text or email your child regarding transportation. We must have the transportation change in writing or your child will follow their normal routine.
We will see you on Wednesday, August 8, 2018! School begins at 7:55 a.m. and ends at 2:40 p.m. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We hope that after the first week or so that everything will run as smooth as possible! It is going to be a GREAT year!
Preeti Nichani, Principal, Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools-Elementary