Return to Headlines

TCS to Offer 2023 Summer Meals at No Charge

The Tuscaloosa City Schools will offer free meals to children 18 and younger from May 31 – June 30, 2023 as part of its annual Summer Feeding Program. Everyone 18 and under will be offered breakfast and lunch at no charge.

The hours of operation for breakfast are 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. Lunch is available 10:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.  

Meals are available at 14 school facilities throughout the city:

  • Oakdale Elementary
  • Central Elementary 
  • Westlawn Middle
  • Central High 
  • University Place Elementary 
  • Arcadia Elementary 
  • Tuscaloosa Magnet Elementary 
  • Skyland Elementary 
  • Southview Elementary 
  • Eastwood Middle
  • Bryant High 
  • Woodland Forrest Elementary 
  • MLK Elementary

Lea la información en español.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,
color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410